Saturday, February 27, 2010

Soon You'll Be Walking Out the Door...

Writing is easier when I am not happy with myself. This week has been okay on that front. I have done okay with my food choices the last few days and have exercised every day this week, including today, and it is 9:30 on Saturday morning. Exercise is a key to my sanity. It is hard sometimes to make myself do it, but I find that if I stay is a real routine....every day....then it is doable. Is doable a word? Or should I hyphenate? Oh well, I can do it. Enough.

Actually, I am that way with everything, food, exercise, house cleaning, checkbook balancing*, etc. As long as I can stay in my strict routine, I do all right. It has taken me nine years of adult married life to realize this, and yet I still have trouble forcing myself to stay on track. I just get diverted really easily. And then I get overwhelmed. And when I am overwhelmed, I cease functioning. It is easier to avoid the undesirable task than to just do it and get it over with. And then it grows...it is a cycle and I recognize it. Today, this morning, I am owning that.

So, I make lists. I have a list for this weekend that, if I get everything scratched off will leave me with a pretty clean house, happy kids, and an exercised body and rested mind. That is a tall order!! I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other...

*another confession: I really don't balance my checkbook. Mea culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment